5 Benefits of Choosing Randolph Air Force Base Off Base Housing
posted Oct 08, 2015
If you’re stationed at Randolph Air Force Base, off-base housing can be an easy, comfortable and affordable choice for your family. But what makes it a better option than staying on-base? And how can your family benefit by living in your own, separate off-base housing?
Here are just a few of the perks you can enjoy if you choose Randolph Air Force base off-base housing:
- A newer, nicer property. On-base housing is notorious for being old and worn out. After all, think of how many have lived there before you! With off-base housing, you get a newer, nicer property of your choice, with any amenities or features you like.
- Added income from your housing allowance. When you live off-base, you get a housing allowance. If you can find housing that costs less than your allowance, you get to keep the extra cash – cash that can help you pay bills, cover tuition costs and more.
- More autonomy. When you live on-base, there’s no separation between work and home life. Your neighbors are your colleagues, and there are few others to meet or converse with. With off-base housing, you get your own, separate, autonomous life.
- More nearby amenities. Amenities on-base are limited. You usually don’t have restaurants, movie theaters, pools and parks. When you live off base, you get to choose the perfect location for your home in a community with all the features and amenities your family needs.
- No waiting list. On-base housing typically comes with a waiting list, meaning you’re stuck twiddling your thumbs for weeks or even months before you can move in and settle down. When you purchase or rent off-base housing, you don’t have this inconvenience. Move in as soon as you like!
Considering Randolph Air Force base off base housing? Then contact Housing 1 Source now. Our relocation specialists can help you find the perfect place for you and your loved ones.