U.S. Army Dental Command (DENCOM)
“America’s Leader in Warrior-Centered Oral Care”
Mission of DENCOM
The U.S. Army Dental Command, known as DENCOM, seeks to provide soldiers with superior oral healthcare and assist with better oral hygiene. Advanced dental technology is available to ensure the best oral heath for service members and their families. The main focus of DENCOM is to deliver compassionate dental care in the interests of making sure all soldiers are ready for deployment.
History of DENCOM
Dentistry in the U.S. Army began in 1872, but DENCOM is a bit more recent than that. In 1993 the Army provisionally created DENCOM to service the dental needs of soldiers and their families all over the world. Before DENCOM was activated, the army’s dental needs fell under the Health Services Command.
Headquartered at Fort Sam Houston, in San Antonio, Texas, DENCOM services numerous regions, providing dental care on a global level. Though it originally was divided into 8 Dental Service Support Areas (DSSAs), it was later partitioned into 5 RDCs, or Regional Dental Commands. Although they are spread out geographically, these regions hold true to the mission of DENCOM.
- Europe Regional Dental Command (ERDC) – Headquartered in Nachrichten Kasene in Heidelberg, Germany. The ERDC offers logistical support to three Dental Activities (DENTACs) as well as 20 clinics throughout Italy, Germany, and Belgium that provide oral healthcare to our warriors in these areas.
- Northern RDC (NRDC) – Headquartered alongside the Northern Regional Medical Command at Fort Belvoir, VA.
- Pacific RDC (PRDC) – Services soldiers in Hawaii, Japan and Korea; headquartered in Hawaii.
- Southern RDC (SRDC) – Headquartered at Fort Gordon, GA.
- Western RDC (WRDC) – Headquartered at Fort Bliss, TX; recently relocated from Joint Base Lewis-McChord, WA.
Assignment to DENCOM
Have you been assigned to DENCOM? Contact Housing 1 Source today to learn about how we can help with your PCS or DITY move to Fort San Houston, TX. We have a wealth of resources available for service members and their families, and are here to walk you through every step—from finding a home to lining up employment for your spouse to hooking up utilities, and so much more! Call us today at 1-877-832-8518 or email us at email@example.com.